So the other day, I was craving a big plate of homemade pasta, like the kind my mom made when I was younger. So my approach was to get in the kitchen and make my own version of this tasty veggie and ground turkey pasta recipe. So let’s get down to business.
Hearty Veggie and Ground Turkey Pasta Recipe
Want a pasta dish that's both healthy and delicious? Try this very easy veggie and ground turkey pasta recipe.
- 250 grams spaghetti
- 1 breast ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium zucchini
- 10 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium leek
- ½ medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful basil
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - virgin
- Fill 3/4 of a pot with water and set it on the stove. Once it’s boiling, add the pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Make sure to check the back of the package for cooking times and adjust it to your preferences.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet with a teaspoon of coconut oil and add the turkey. Cook on low heat.
- Chop the garlic and onion finely into small cubes. Cut the rest of the veggies (except tomatoes) julienned (long slices) and add all of them to the turkey in the skillet. Add salt to taste and stir fry until all the ingredients are cooked. After this, cut the cherry tomatoes in half and pop them in the skillet.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and serve in two separate bowls. Top with the turkey and vegetables, some fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of virgin olive oil.
Calories: 735kcalCarbohydrates: 112gProtein: 20gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0.3mgSodium: 76mgPotassium: 948mgFiber: 8gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 6502IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 99mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.