Pesto Zucchini Ground Turkey is a light, healthy, and delicious meal that can be eaten alone or served with rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, or kale.
You must be a fan of pesto to enjoy this dish; otherwise, you could substitute the pesto for tomato sauce. This low-carbohydrate meal is high in protein and contains many great nutrients from the zucchini, and is high in fibre from the beans.
This is a quick, twenty-minute recipe that will not turn noses.
Flavourful Pesto Zucchini Ground Turkey Recipe
Got some love for pesto? You must try this very easy pesto zucchini ground turkey recipe that's perfect for pesto lover like you.
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 15 ounces cannellini beans
- ½ medium onion - chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis - shredded or sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese - shredded (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, begin to brown the ground turkey. Drain grease. Add garlic, cannellini beans, onion, zucchini, salt, pepper, pesto, and parmesan.
- I used a Veggetti to shred the zucchini finely, but you can also slice the zucchini with a knife. A Veggetti is a small hand-held tool that creates noodles out of vegetables.
- Stir and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Best when served with quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes, or kale.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and have them for lunch the next day!
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 30gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 788mgPotassium: 504mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 724IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 156mgIron: 3mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.