This Super Fast Turkey Stew is delicious and super easy with no crazy hard to find ingredients.
With my busy schedule, I need to stay on top of making sure I get my family healthy foods. I take pride in my home-cooked healthy meals, and when I don’t cook the way I want, I don’t feel like I’m doing my home duty very well. We all fail and take “the easy way out” at times to stay healthy, but we can always be more cautious with our planning and preparing healthy meals.
This Super Fast Turkey Stew is a regular on our menu sometimes, I make it “soupier” just by adding more water/chicken broth to it. It’s cheap. It’s clean, I can prepare it ahead of time, I’ll even freeze it at times so that we have a stew ready for reheating.
Super Fast Turkey Stew
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean turkey
- 1 large white onion - chopped
- 3 large red pepper (red capsicum) - any color you like
- 1 cup mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups black beans - I pre-cook mine myself, but 1-2 cans would be good too
- ½ cup corn - I used fresh, just cut it off the core. You can also use frozen
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 12 ounce Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- 6 cups water - or organic, low sodium chicken broth liquid to cover it, or if you want it soupier add more!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 pieces bay leaf (bay leaves)
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - to taste
- Start with browning the ground turkey until almost fully cooked.
- Add onion and garlic for a few minutes, and then add the rest of the veggies. Brown it for just a few minutes, then add in the liquids and seasonings.
- Put on a lid, make it simmer on medium/low for 15-20 minutes or longer if you have time. Please feel free to add more veggies. You can add in celery and carrots too. You can also add hot sauce. This is just a basic recipe, and it’s so easy to switch it up, adding or omitting new things to it.
- Top it off with some cheese, plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream), chili/chili flakes, or nacho chips on top. If you want, store it in the fridge or freezer, go ahead! SUPER SIMPLE and really good!