This Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana is an Italian dish and a hands-down favorite in our home. This recipe has morphed through the years as our own personal food journey has evolved.
Our family loves to eat Paleo recipes, partly because we’ve found this diet to least irritate our digestive systems. And if you are someone with Celiac disease, the last thing you need is a reason for an irritated stomach!
Feel free to adjust this Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana recipe to your own personal preference.
Delicious Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana (Paleo)
Looking for a creamy, delicious, and filling soup? This Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana will have friends and family coming back for more.
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - or olive oil
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 6 cloves garlic - cloves
- 4 medium potatoes - or sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 medium carrots - sliced or diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes - cooked, skins removed
- 6-8 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups kale - chopped
- Sauté onion in coconut oil until glossy.
- Add ground pork sausage and sauté until cooked through.
- Add garlic, sautéing for thirty seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, diced potatoes, and carrots.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Skim off 1 cup of chicken broth. Add baked sweet potatoes and broth to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Add blended sweet potatoes and broth back to the soup. Stir well.
- Turn off heat. Add kale and stir in until wilted.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 786kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 34gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1370mgPotassium: 2126mgFiber: 11gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 29669IUVitamin C: 76mgCalcium: 195mgIron: 5mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.