This Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana is an Italian dish and a hands-down favorite in our home. This recipe has morphed through the years as our own personal food journey has evolved.
Our family loves to eat Paleo recipes, partly because we’ve found this diet to least irritate our digestive systems. And if you are someone with Celiac disease, the last thing you need is a reason for an irritated stomach!
Feel free to adjust this Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana recipe to your own personal preference.
Delicious Dairy-Free Creamy Zuppa Toscana (Paleo)Print Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 4 white or sweet potatoes diced
- 4 carrots sliced or diced
- 2 cooked sweet potatoes skins removed
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups kale chopped, or more
1. Sauté onion in coconut oil until glossy.
2. Add ground pork sausage and sauté until cooked through.
3. Add garlic, sautéing for thirty seconds or until fragrant.
4. Add chicken broth, diced potatoes, and carrots.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
6. Skim off 1 cup of chicken broth. Add baked sweet potatoes and broth to a blender and blend until creamy.
7. Add blended sweet potatoes and broth back to the soup. Stir well.
8. Turn off heat. Add kale and stir in until wilted.
9. Serve warm.