I decided to do The Best Turkey-Stuffed Zucchini Boat recipe because of the success of our raised garden. I have such an abundance of zucchini. I need to get busy making all sorts of zucchini recipes. So get ready for them. We all love grilled zucchini in my house, so I wanted to try something a little bit different. Something that is packed protein and low carbs, with the ease of a quick summer meal. So let’s get started.
The Best Turkey-Stuffed Zucchini Boat
This Best Turkey-Stuffed Zucchini Boat recipe is packed with protein and low carbs, with the ease of a quick summer meal.
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 cup Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon white onion
- 1 teaspoon salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese - or Parmesan, or Asiago (your choice)
- Clean zucchinis, then cut those in half. Scoop out all the seeds on both sides and set them aside.
- Take 1 pound of ground turkey and put that in a skillet. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then add garlic. You can use fresh or powdered garlic, whichever you prefer, and add half a teaspoon of onion salt.
- Once that is cooked through. Add spaghetti sauce. You can go with your favorite spaghetti sauce for quick and easy, or you could go with homemade. I always have frozen homemade spaghetti sauce in my freezer. So just as easy. Let that cook down.
- Then add your favorite cheese. I used Mozzarella, Asiago and fresh Parmesan.
- While that’s cooking down, take olive oil and brush that to the inside of my zucchini boat. I sprinkle the zucchini with salt and pepper. I then put a layer of shaved fresh Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the zucchini boat.
- You are now ready to put your turkey ingredients into your zucchini boat. Spoon in your turkey burger mixture. To fill the boat. Press with the back side of your spoon to make sure it is to the bottom of the boat. Sprinkle again with salt-and-pepper. Add your favorite cheese. I grated fresh Parmesan over the top of ours.
- Place the zucchini boats in a 9 x 13 greased pan. Place the foil over the top—Bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 400°F. There you have a very protein-packed easy, and healthy summer meal. Enjoy!!!
Calories: 432kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 35gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 834mgPotassium: 878mgFiber: 2gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 612IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 180mgIron: 2mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!