One quick glance at the blog, and it will be self-evident that I am a meatball fan. You name it; I love it! Better yet, there is no reason delicious meatballs can’t be healthy! So I always make sure to have a few frozen servings ready for a speedy meal. And today, I’ll share another recipe that’s my recent favourite, Delectable Gluten-Free Turkey Quinoa Meatballs.
When I first made meatballs, I had to create a new purchase, breadcrumbs. Before making my first meatballs, I had never had a use for them. While I love meatballs, I am not a big grain eater – strange, I know. Lately, I have had to switch the grains I eat, including quinoa, more often into my diet. The only problem, I am not a huge quinoa fan.
I found myself with leftover quinoa in my fridge. Hating to waste food, I incorporated them into my almost bi-weekly meatball-making instead of breadcrumbs! But, while I knew it could be done, I was sceptical that the ancient grain would maintain moisture when used with lean turkey.
Well, folks, good news. I was wrong! These Turkey Quinoa Meatballs are healthy and gluten-free, and they’re incredible! Rich, and savoury, the quinoa adds an unexpected chewiness that meatballs made with leaner meats typically lack.
Delectable Gluten-Free Turkey Quinoa Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- cup sweet onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup quinoa cooked
- ½ egg beaten
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch oregano
- Pre-heat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with foil coated in cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop meatballs, rolling in palms to form meatballs.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked, turning once, halfway through cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!