Hey You! Before I share this 15-Minute Delicious Thai Turkey Meatballs, be sure you don’t miss anything and always check my recipe blogs for delicious updates!
Thai turkey meatballs are one of my favorite go-to, post-workout lunches. Packed with protein and delicious sweet chili, combined with veggies. It makes the perfect meal.
When we workout, carbohydrates and glycogen are depleted in our bodies. Our muscles experience micro-tears, particularly when we are performing strength training. Therefore, we want to take high-quality protein afterwards to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. This helps repair and build the muscle tissues or fibers that have been broken down during a workout.
If we skip post-workout snacks, this increases the level of fatigue and inhibits our body’s repair and recovery processes. It also results in a decrease in our performance the next time we exercise.
Why Make These Thai Turkey Meatballs?
The foundation of post-workout nutrition is a combination of protein along with carbohydrates and fluids. You can adjust the ratio of protein and carbohydrates dispensing on the type of exercise you completed.
It is also recommended that we refuel within 30 minutes after we exercise because it is difficult for our body to recover if the energy levels are not replenished within this time. Eating post-workout snacks or meals shortly after exercising can help to restore energy levels.
The good thing about this dish is that it is ready to eat in 15 minutes or less, and it’s super easy too. We don’t really need to put much effort in at all to get an amazing result. Perfect when we need something delicious to eat, which will help our muscles repair and grow.
Also, Turkey meat is high in protein and B vitamins. The level of protein in turkey can help regulate insulin levels and actually combat fatigue and repair cells throughout our body, helping us and our muscles recover. B vitamins help our body break down the food we eat and metabolize it into energy.
Fat-free ground turkey meat is also the best option when trying to lose weight because it has the fewest calories and most protein. Turkey has less saturated fat compared with beef and is definitely a better choice for heart health.
This healthy meatball recipe that I will be sharing with you gets a Thai twist. These meatballs are so tender and juicy! Deliciously flavorful and guilt-free!
Thai turkey meatballs can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. Whilst the meatballs are being stored in the fridge, these round meal prep containers are the best option. They stack up on top of each other and don’t take up much room in the fridge. Each one holds a single portion of 5 meatballs perfectly. For the freezer, store them in seal-able bags. First of all, freeze the meatballs on a tray that has been lined with grease-proof paper. This will stop the meatballs from sticking together in the bag. Transfer them to a freezer bag once they are frozen.
So here it is! Delicious high-protein meatballs with sweet chili sauce and sweet peppers best served with noodles. This Thai inspired meal is ready to eat in 15 minutes or less.
15-Minute Delicious Thai Turkey Meatballs
- 125 grams ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 splash sesame oil
- 1 splash vegetable oil
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (sweet chilli sauce in British English) - add more if you like
- 1 medium carrots - grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds - for sprinkling
- Season the turkey mince and divide it into 25 grams pieces.125 grams ground turkey (minced turkey), 1 pinch salt, 1 pinch ground black pepper, 1 medium carrots
- Roll each 25 grams portion of turkey mince into a ball.
- Fry on high heat in a mix of sesame and vegetable oil until slightly gnarly.1 splash sesame oil, 1 splash vegetable oil
- Add the peppers into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.1 medium red pepper (red capsicum)
- Add a good glug of sweet chili sauce to the pan.2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (sweet chilli sauce in British English)
- Stir well.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve.1 tablespoon sesame seeds