Everybody likes pasta; lasagna and meatballs are the most common family dinner options. However, I tend to look for new and innovative ideas to work on my menu. Would you be eager to try an alternative option of pasta with crab meat or other seafood? Have a look at this recipe if you want to feed your family with something other than red meat.
Flavourful Pasta With Crab Meat Recipe
Instead of cooking ground beef or pork for your spaghetti dish, try this delicious pasta with crab meat recipe. The entire preparation should take about 15 minutes and another 15 minutes to cook. You can use brown or white crab meat, whatever you like, but I prefer combining both for a tastier result.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander) - finely chopped
- 1 pound spaghetti - thin
- ½ pound crab meat - brown
- ½ pound crab meat - white
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chives - finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt - or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 stalk green onions (scallions or green shallots) - finely chopped
- 3 bulb garlic - finely chopped cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons ginger - grated
- Begin with a medium pot filled to a little over half with water, add 1 tbsp of salt and bring to a boil.
- Break your pasta into smaller pieces and when the water begins to boil, go ahead and add your pasta.
- Stir in some olive oil and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Put aside some of the water before you drain it in a colander and set it aside.
- Mix the minced crab in a bowl, both brown meat and white meat, until they blend.
- Add shallot and tomatoes to the bowl. Remember that you should be stirring your bowl with each new ingredient you add.
- Next, add garlic, limes, juice, and zest. Mix again.
- Add sugar and ginger, then mix again.
- Finally, add about half of the coriander and chives before stirring it again.
The finished dish
- With your ingredients blended, it is time to add some water that you cooked the pasta in to help the ingredients combine even better.
- With the water creating a soupy environment for your crab mix, go ahead and add your pasta and mix it in with everything else.
- Finally, add salt and pepper to taste, some olive oil for texture and mix everything until your ingredients are spread throughout the dish.
- Serve with a garnish of coriander for appearance.
Calories: 655kcalCarbohydrates: 90gProtein: 36gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 4139mgPotassium: 655mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 252IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 143mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.