All parents know it’s really challenging to get kids to eat anything that resembles healthy. Crab meat, shrimp, and mussels are excellent options not only for adults but for kids as well. If you want to cook something healthy and tasty for your children, this minced shrimp and spinach recipe is a great way to convince them to eat it.
Toothsome Shrimp and Spinach on Top of Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 bulb garlic - chopped cloves
- 10 large shrimp (prawn)
- 2 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 small cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pound spaghetti - Barilla angel hair pasta
- Boil the pasta as the package instructs. Keep 2 tbsp of the water aside.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic clove and sautee in a non-stick pan with olive oil till the garlic is caramelised.
- Over medium heat add, add the water you boiled the pasta in and cook the spinach till it becomes soft, not too soft, though.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir (1 minute) and put the spinach and tomato mix on a plate.
- Using the same pan, add the wine and cook shrimp till pink (if using uncooked shrimp, make sure to devein it).
- When finished, mince the shrimp using a knife and mix them with the spinach/tomatoes. Sprinkle the pepper and stir.
- Add the mix to the pasta, and there you have it, ready to eat!