As promised, we made the Super Delish Egg Roll Bowl again this week. This time we made it for my parents, who came over to help install a second window fan which has made a HUGE difference in the temperature of our house in the afternoons! I also made sure to make notes of my alterations to the source recipe to share it with you.
While I haven’t completely switched to LCHF (low carb, high fat) diet, I am trying to incorporate more meals into our week that don’t include grains or starchy veggies. This super delish egg roll bowl recipe is healthy, delicious and relatively simple to make.
Super Delish Egg Roll Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 head cabbage - shredded
- ½ medium sweet onion - sliced thinly
- 3 medium carrots - shredded
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4-6 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 inches ginger - grated by microplane
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 4 stalks green onions (scallions or green shallots) - sliced
- Brown ground meat in a large pan.
- Add onions to the pan with browned meat. Stir and continue cooking until slightly translucent.
- Add carrots, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Cook until carrots are tender.
- Add cabbage and soy sauce and cook until cabbage is wilted.
- Garnish with green onion and enjoy.