I had a craving for soup, it is fall, after all, and I wanted something different. Now that it is winter, I’m wanting to do all those fall sorts of things. Like a corn maze, drinking pumpkin-flavoured something (with booze, please), wearing scarves and having a cold. Yes, I already got a cold for the year. I feel like I’ve met my quota now – ha! So this is probably why a good soup like this tortellini pork soup sounds heavenly. And it was quick to boot, even better when you don’t feel good.
This is a warm, delicious soup you can cook within 20 minutes. You could add some spinach if you try to bump up for veggie intake. I don’t like spinach in my soup that much, so it’s not my personal choice. But to each their own.
Mouthwatering Tortellini Pork Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ cup yellow onion - diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese - cubed
- 28 ounces tomato - diced
- 28 ounces chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - canned
- 1 clove garlic - diced
- 6 ounces black olives - canned and sliced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese - shredded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- Crumble and brown the ground pork.
- Add in the diced onion, garlic, olives, salt and pepper. Once everything is cooked, add the chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Get up to a rolling boil before adding the frozen tortellini. These cook quickly, within 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese when throwing in the tortellini, so everything is done at once.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese on top and chopped coriander before serving.