Thai fried rice with egg is healthy, easy to cook and full of nutrition.
This recipe usually has anchovies, but I didn’t add any as I can’t find them in the supermarkets in Australia. I, however, have found it sometimes at Asian Grocery shops. Unfortunately, we live in the mountain, and it is difficult to get to the Asian grocery, so I skip it and replace it with seasonings. If you would like to use anchovy, please omit the seasonings; otherwise, it will taste too salty.
Fiery Thai Fried Rice With Egg Recipe
- 1 cup white rice - steamed
- 2 medium egg
- ½ cup ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ tablespoon garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon spring onions - chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce - good quality
- ½ teaspoon sugar (white sugar)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the steamed rice in the mixing bowl, add soy sauce, seasoning sauce, raw sugar and salt, and mix well.
- Place the pan on high heat, then add olive oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add the garlic, and keep stirring until fragrant. Then, add the pork to brown.
- Beat the eggs to the pan, and stir until the eggs are a little bit cooked
- Add the steamed rice and chopped onion, and stir well until all combined.
- Add the spring onion and turn the heat off.
- Place on serving plate and serve immediately with fresh spring onion, sliced cucumber, lettuce and sliced tomatoes, the cheek of lime, then garnish with chopped fresh chillies.