Lumpiang toge or deep-fried spring roll with bean sprouts is one of my favourite Filipino recipes to cook, only because my husband likes it. It probably originated from China and is called the Filipino Egg Roll by many people, especially in the United States. This is best served with fried Wonton and rice; Lumpiang Toge has long been a favourite food and well-loved Filipino recipe.
Best Deep-Fried Spring Roll with Bean Sprouts
This recipe for deep-fried spring roll with bean sprouts is a popular Filipino dish that gives a twist to traditional spring rolls you usually get in Asian restaurants.
- ¼ cup cooking oil - for sautéing and frying
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato - chopped
- 2 cups ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 cup carrots - chopped
- 3 tablespoons celery - chopped
- 2 pieces beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 1 pound bean sprouts
- 3 medium eggs - boiled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch - for paste
- 5 tablespoons water - hot, for paste
- Boil the eggs and slice it. Set aside.
- Fry the chopped potatoes until crisp on the outside. Set aside.
- Heat some cooking oil.
- Saute some garlic, onion, tomatoes.
- Mix in the cubed pork and let it cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture.
- Dissolve the broth cubes in about ¼ cup of water and add it to the mixture.
- Add the carrots. Let it cook for a few minutes.
- Add the celery.
- Then add the bean sprouts. Stir and let it cook for a couple of minutes. Be careful not to overcook the bean sprouts.
- Drain the lumpia mixture.
- Mix some hot water and cornstarch to make a paste.
- Put some lumpia mixture into the lumpia skin, also add a slice of egg and a few pieces of potato and roll it. Seal it with a paste.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Mix some soy sauce and vinegar.
- Put some garlic, onion, and a little bit of ginger powder.
- Do this to taste.
Calories: 606kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 33gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.05gCholesterol: 206mgSodium: 574mgPotassium: 635mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 3794IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 5mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.