For a refreshing and healthy appetizer, a fresh Vietnamese spring roll is a good choice. It’s made of fresh vegetables, shrimp, boiled pork and rice noodles wrapped in rice paper and drizzled with yummy hoisin-peanut sauce! It’s the perfect combination of healthy and delicious!
Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll
When you are craving for something healthy and delicious, this fresh Vietnamese spring roll is the perfect meal to serve. Check out the easy recipe here.
- 300 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (coriander)
- ½ handful mint
- 3 tablespoons spring onions
- 1 cup water - warm
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup peanuts - ground
- Prepare the ingredients first: boil, then simmer the pork with a little salt. Don’t throw the broth away.
- Sauté the shrimp in garlic and a little oil. After it has cooled, remove the skin and head, and back butterfly cut the shrimp.
- Cut the shrimps in half at its back after peeling the skin.
- Cook your rice vermicelli according to package instructions and drain in a colander.
- Wash the lettuce, cilantro, spring onion (cut into 2- to 3-inch strips) and mint leaves.
- Slice the cucumber and mango.
- Prepare a basin or pan with warm water. This is where you will dip the rice paper.
- Dip the rice paper quickly and evenly in the warm water on both sides.
- Place the rice paper on a plate (I used plastic at first, but I think glass or wood is less sticky and will work better).
- Place the vegetables, herbs and mango near the middle. Add some rice vermicelli and pork. Place the shrimp with its backside directly on the rice paper above the assembled vegetables and meat.
- Fold the bottom of the rice paper over the assembled ingredients first. Fold the left and right sides of the paper over the ingredients afterwards. Continue rolling. You have to move fast when rolling the spring roll because the rice paper sticks to the plate.
- Sauté the garlic.
- Add the hoisin sauce and 5 tablespoons of the broth where the pork was boiled earlier. Finally, add the peanut butter and sugar.
- Simmer and mix well until it thickens. Top with sliced bird’s eye chillies and ground peanuts.
Calories: 915kcalCarbohydrates: 109gProtein: 38gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1489mgPotassium: 770mgFiber: 7gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 554IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 139mgIron: 6mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!