I was skeptical when I made my first attempt to cook Lamb Kebabs in Pitta. There is no way you can make a healthy kebab taste remotely like the greasy chip shop version, right? Well, actually you can. It really is tasty. I often serve with homemade chips or couscous and it’s a hit with the whole family!
Easy Lamb Kebabs in PittaPrint Recipe
- 500 grams lamb, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- Pitta breads
- Salad to serve
1. Put the minced lamb along with all of the herbs and spices, the egg and the onion (raw) into a food processor and blend into a paste.
2. Spoon the mixture into a non-stick loaf tin and pat it down. Cover with foil and pop it in the oven at 180 degrees for around 40 minutes. Remove the foil and then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
3. After removing from the oven, leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. This makes it much easier to carve.
4. Slice into thin slices and pop it on a pitta bread with your choice of salad.