I was skeptical when I made my first attempt to cook Lamb Kebabs in Pitta. There is no way you can make a healthy kebab taste remotely like the greasy chip shop version, right? Well, actually you can. It really is tasty. I often serve with homemade chips or couscous and it’s a hit with the whole family!
Easy Lamb Kebabs in Pitta
- 1 pound ground lamb (minced lamb)
- 1 large white onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (usually Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Basil)
- Put the minced lamb along with all of the herbs and spices, the egg and the onion (raw) into a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Spoon the mixture into a non-stick loaf tin and pat it down. Cover with foil and pop it in the oven at 180°C for around 40 minutes. Remove the foil and then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, leave to cool for 10-15 minutes. This makes it much easier to carve.
- Slice into thin slices and pop it on a pitta bread with your choice of salad.