Chicken meatballs are actually a pretty delicious and lean alternative to beef meatballs. This Simple Chicken Meatballs with Asian Vegetables was a gold mine for me because it turns out that adding chicken meatballs to the sauteed Asian veggies worked really well also! It is not something I’d have ever looked to do intentionally, but hey-it WORKED. And I managed to feed my family in just a few minutes!
Fast and Simple Chicken Meatballs with Asian Vegetables
- 2 pounds ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ⅓ cup white onion - chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper - chopped
- ¼ cup parsley - fresh, chopped
- 1 small bunch basil - fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt - to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper - to taste
- Mix the first 10 ingredients together in a large bowl. Press together firmly to combine thoroughly. Roll medium-sized meatballs. Place on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish. I used a cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375°F. You will need to check one to be sure it’s done. Check it after 20 minutes because you don’t want them to be too dry, but you may need to go the full 25 minutes.
- Separately, heat two tablespoons of ghee or coconut oil in a large sautee pan. Add your veggies. Lightly salt. Sautee until softened but not soggy. Toss the meatballs in the vegetables and serve! Easy Breezy!