Asian Meatballs recipe is one of the first recipes I zoned in on when I decided to eat Paleo. Some people have never been a huge fan of meatballs, mainly because they’ve only been exposed to spaghetti and red sauce, and that’s just not one of their favorite meals.
But these Asian Meatballs Recipe looked delicious, and I happily ate them for lunch or dinner three times last week.
With turmeric rice, my friend commented on how good the above meal smelled, but she was really skeptical when I told her what it was. She’s a good sport and still wanted to try it, and she was pleasantly surprised! My food choices are slowly becoming less and less crazy in my house.
Asian Meatballs Recipe. Another wonderfully informative and recipe to check out!
You can use the sauce in my The Perfect Saucy Asian Meatballs Appetizer for this recipe. Make about 36 meatballs.
Easy Mouthwatering Asian Meatballs
- 8 medium shiitake mushrooms fresh, minced
- 1 medium shallot minced
- ¾ cup sweet potato minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce Paleo-friendly
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking pan with foil.
- Mix together mushrooms, shallot, sweet potato, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add ground beef, fish sauce, tomato paste, and salt and pepper.
- Mix ingredients together with your hands, but don’t overmix!
- Melt coconut oil and brush onto a foil-lined baking pan.
- Measure out meatballs using approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture per meatball.
- Place all 36 meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, turning the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking.