This recipe for stuffed peppers with quinoa and ground chicken is one of my favourite dinners. It’s like a little fiesta in a “bowl”! The combination of quinoa, beans, chickpeas, and ground chicken makes a protein-packed and filling meal. I promise you will be so satisfied!
If you got some peppers at home, you should try this recipe. I guarantee your family will love these stuffed peppers with quinoa and ground chicken as much as my family did. It’s a no-brainer recipe when I cannot think of anything to serve my family. Enjoy!
Delightful Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa and Ground Chicken
I love making these stuffed peppers with quinoa and ground chicken. They're so decadent and so filling.
- 5 large green pepper (green capsicum)
- ½ cup quinoa - sprouted and uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - lean
- ¾ cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans) - rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup black beans - rinsed and drained
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup red onion - chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes (chilli flakes in British English) - crushed
- Cook your quinoa according to the package instructions before preparing the chicken mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the ground chicken in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add chili powder, cumin, and crushed chili flakes to the skillet.
- Cook chicken until no pink throughout/browning, approximately 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked thoroughly, turn the burner on low heat.
- Add the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, black beans, onions, and frozen corn to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. Regularly mixing.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the tops off each pepper and remove the inner core to create small “bowls”.
- Put the peppers in a small casserole dish.
- Fill each pepper with the chicken mixture from the skillet.
- Add shredded cheese on top.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit/
- Turn the oven to broil for 3 minutes to brown the top.
- Finito! Serve with salsa, shredded cheese, and plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream).
- Serve with plain greek yogurt (0%), salsa, and shredded marble cheese.
Calories: 402kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 27gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 125mgPotassium: 1129mgFiber: 9gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1072IUVitamin C: 135mgCalcium: 105mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.