I’m a huge fan of keeping easy meals in your pantry or freezer. You just never know when life will happen, and you’ll need something quick for dinner. Tostada is one solution that I turn to when time is tight. I can keep the shells, salsa, and refried beans in the cupboard and add whatever else we happen to have on hand.
I made ten tostadas with the ingredients below, but I only used half of the refried bean/salsa mixture. It freezes well, so I always mix up the entire can of beans.
Filling Chicken and Cheese Tostada
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups ground chicken (minced chicken) - precooked
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes - diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Place tostada shells on the trays.
- In a bowl, mix refried beans and salsa. (If the mixture looks like canned dog food at this point, you know you’re doing it right.
- Spread some of the bean/salsa mix on each tostada shell. I used about 2 tablespoons per shell, but you can use more or less.
- Sprinkle chicken on top of the bean/salsa mix.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the chicken.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes until cheese has melted and chicken is warm.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.