Most of you already know that I love meatballs so much. If I could have one dish to eat my entire life, this recipe for spicy buffalo chicken meatballs could be it. I love how the cheese blends well with the spiciness of this dish.
The combination of flavours in this buffalo chicken meatballs recipe is seriously good. All it takes is one bite for you to fall in love with these cheesy and fiery meatballs. And the good thing about this is that you can use different kinds of meats in place of the ground chicken, and the flavours won’t change much.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 medium egg mixed with a bit of water
- ¼ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Buffalo hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup blue cheese sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and take out all refrigerated ingredients, so they come to room temperature.
- Mix chicken with about ¼ cup hot sauce, salt and pepper
- Add remaining hot sauce and butter to a saucepan and heat on low.
- Form meat mixture into small meatballs, coat in egg and then breadcrumb and panko mixture.
- Place meatballs on sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, turning once about 15 minutes in.
- Once cooked, place into a saucepan to coat with buffalo sauce.
- Serve with cheese dip and celery.