Hi there! Aren’t you glad the work day is over? I sure am. Now only seven more work days stand between us and one of the most beautiful holidays! So, if you’re searching for some new recipes to try for any holiday this year, check out this spiced butternut squash with curry chicken recipe I know you’ll love.
The unique flavour combination of this butternut squash with curry chicken was magnificent! I love curry but rarely think of cooking with it at home. So I’ll be making this one again very soon as my husband and my kids keep on asking for when I’ll cook this recipe again.
Spiced Butternut Squash With Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 large butternut squash
- ½ cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 pound ground chicken lean
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small can diced tomatoes drained
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking dish with a foil and grease with butter. Cut the butternut squash in half the long way. Remove the seeds and lay cut side down on the baking dish. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- While the butternut squash is baking, boil the rice and water over high heat. Decrease heat to low and simmer until the rice is cooked. In a large skillet, heat olive oil or butter over medium heat. Add chicken and diced onion, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Season with curry, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and raisins.
- Carefully flip the squash over in the baking dish. Spoon stuffing on top of the squash. Place the butternut squash under the broiler for a few minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve!