This simple fennel chicken meatballs recipe sets the stage for any number of dishes; pasta, appetizers for a pot luck affair, sandwiches. And all with just some lean ground chicken and some spices, it’s refreshingly light, simple and quick; no need to mess about with fillers or binders.
Juicy Fennel Chicken MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of lean ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Lay out the mixture onto a cutting board and form into a uniformly thick log.
- Cut the log into equal-sized sections.
- Roll each section into a ball and place it on a parchment papered sheet pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (on convection setting if your oven has it) for 25 to 30 minutes until a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit is reached.
- Serve with your favourite sauce and pasta or by themselves as an appetizer.