Chicken Tortilla Soup is everything I love in one – it’s Mexican food, it’s soup recipe, it’s tangy with lime and cilantro, and it can be eaten year-round. I loved this soup just the way I made it. The lime and the cilantro totally made this broth amazing! I bet it would be even better if I made the broth too.
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is absolutely delicious and tastes just perfect the way it is. It’s a very simple version of this soup which I think tastes best. I hope you give it a try soon because I promise you’ll love it and want to make it all the time! Enjoy!
Healthy And Easy Chicken Tortilla SoupPrint Recipe
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium Jalapeno, diced, optional
- 1 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can of black beans, drained
- 6 cups chicken, low-sodium
- 2 chicken breasts, minced
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 for wedges
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Tortilla strips
- Avocado, diced
1. Heat some oil in a Dutch oven and saute a diced onion until translucent. Add in garlic and diced jalapeno if using. Saute for another minute.
2. Add in tomatoes, with juice, black beans and chicken broth.
3. Bring this to a boil and add the minced chicken breast. Immediately lower heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer chicken for about 10-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Once cooked, add and cover in taco seasoning.
6. Add the juice of one lime and most of a bunch of chopped cilantro. Stir to combine—taste for any adjustments.
7. Serve in bowls and top with crunchy tortilla strips, diced avocado, a wedge of lime and a few leaves of cilantro.