In a rush tonight, I made this special ground chicken dinner: chili, garlic and lime healthy chicken tacos, with avocado salsa. You could also try making these with fish or black beans (if you’re vegetarian/vegan). I’d highly recommend using coriander (cilantro) to make this meal even more delicious.
Other additions to the Chili, Garlic And Lime Healthy Chicken Tacos could include lettuce, spinach, sliced radishes, cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, corn or shredded carrot. Feel free to comment below on any other amazing taco recipes you’ve tried!
Special Chili, Garlic And Lime Healthy Chicken Tacos
- 1 cup ground chicken (minced chicken) - breast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red chili (red chilli in British English) - (use a mild-hot chili depending on your tastes)
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ small lime juice
- ¼ small avocado
- ⅛ small red onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander) - fresh
- 2 small flour tortillas - wholemeal
- Finely dice the chili and add 1/2 to one bowl, and set 1/2 aside.
- Add the crushed garlic, olive oil, black pepper, onion powder and lime juice to the bowl and stir.
- Add ground chicken to the chill bowl until it’s evenly incorporated into the mixture.
- Cook it in a non-stick pan over medium heat until golden and cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, mash the avocado, red onion, coriander and tomato, and add to a bowl with the remaining 1/2 chili.
- Remove the chicken mixture from the heat and place it in the center of the tortillas. Top with the avocado mixture and serve with fresh lime juice.