So you’re looking for the best chicken pot pie ever! Here it is. I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, and it is very delicious! I give it five stars! I love it so much. It’s one of those dishes that’s just fun to make and eat! There is no canned soup because that is gross ( in my opinion ), But if you love homemade pot pie, this is a must-try! I promise you will love it!
I give this chicken pot pie recipe five stars because it has excellent flavour and is easy to make from fresh ingredients, and it is definitely one you will want to save and keep coming back to make.
Chicken Pot PiePrint Recipe
- 4 pounds of ground chicken
- 2 unbaked pie crust
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of half and half
- 1 egg
- Chop your onion, carrots and celery. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the cut-up vegetables and cook just until onions look a little translucent on medium heat, maybe 5 minutes. Then add your chicken. Once all that is mixed together, sprinkle the flour into it and mix it all.
- Add the chicken broth, stir it around and let it cook and thicken a bit.
- Add the turmeric, thyme and little salt and pepper.
- Stir in half and half. Let cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into about a 2-quart baking dish. I use a pie dish.
- Roll out your pie crust; I end up using 1 whole one and then half of the other. I place the whole one over half of it, so some crust is hanging over the edge. Then I put the other one over the other half overlapping a little in the middle. You want a little crust hanging over the edges all around.
- In a small bowl, beat our egg, add a tablespoon of water, and brush it on top of the pie crust.
- Place in oven on a rimmed baking sheet until the crust is nice and crispy, for about 30 minutes.
- Once pie crust looks brownish and crispy, remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!