I had this fantastic new Deep Dish Pie Plate to test out and review, and after making a few pies in this baby, we decided to venture into using it for more than just pie with this Wonderful Meatloaf Pie recipe.
Who doesn’t love meatloaf? My husband and I are big fans. We use a straightforward recipe (see below). It’s an old family tradition. We always serve our meatloaf with some form of potatoes. Today we baked our potatoes in the oven while cooking the meatloaf. I love easy-peasy dinners, especially when you can throw them all into the oven at the same time!
Wonderful Meatloaf Pie Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup ketchup - for basting on top of the meatloaf
- Dice the onion and green pepper-set aside. Combine the ground beef, onion, green pepper, Heinz 57 sauce, and breadcrumbs into a large bowl and mix with your hands messy, but it’s easier to incorporate your ingredients by hand.
- Place in a greased baking dish of your choice (we used our Pie Plate) and put into the oven for 1 hour. Remove the baking dish from the oven, baste the top of the meatloaf with ketchup, and place it back into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy! Serve up with some potatoes(mashed or baked) and, if you like, some steamed veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for a delicious, wholesome meal.