As the weather gets cooler, there is nothing better than a warm home-cooked meal ready when you get home from a long day at work. This Perfect And Simple Salisbury Steak Recipe can be done up the night before and put in the fridge.
In the morning, before you get ready for work, take it out of the fridge so that the crockpot gets to room temperature and just before you walk out the door, throw it in the crockpot and turn it on low. 8 hours later, this Simple Salisbury Steak Recipe will be ready to eat.
Since I am at home, I do this around lunchtime, and then it will be cooked on high and ready for dinner around 5:30. I have done it both ways, and they are equally as good. I usually make mashed potato on the side, but it is good with rice as well. Add in your favorite vegetable, and you have the makings of a great home-cooked meal.
You can do a lot of recipes using your crockpot. Here are some:
- Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Taco Chicken Chili
- Spaghetti Squash With Veggies And Meat Sauce
- Asian Meatballs Appetizer
This Simple Salisbury Steak Recipe is easy peasy and takes about 30 minutes of prep time, and then you set it and forget it. It is one of the reasons I invested in a really great crockpot, I have this one from Hamilton Beach. I use my crockpot probably 3 times a week all year long
This recipe has become an instant family favorite, and I usually make it once, maybe twice a month. So here is the breakdown for the slow cooker Salisbury steak.
I love this Simple Salisbury Steak Recipe as it is inexpensive, feeds my entire family easily and takes such little effort to make. Hopefully, you can make it one of your family’s meals too.
The Perfect And Simple Salisbury Steak RecipePrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE STEAKS:
- 3 pounds of ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons clubhouse vegetable seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- 1 package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 can water
TO MAKE THE STEAKS:
1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, BBQ and spices until well blended. I mix this by hand and then form each patty by hand. I usually get about 8-10, 1 inch thick patties.
2. Chop onion into large slices.
3. Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil to medium heat.
4. Place 1/2 cup of flour on a plate and put the patties into the flour to cover both sides.
5. Place them in the frying pan and just cook them for about 4 minutes on each side, then place them in the crockpot, adding mushroom and onion between layers. I get 3 layers of 3 patties each.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all of your patties are done and in the crockpot.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
1. Combine both Campbell’s soups and the package of onion soup mix as well as the can of water and stir until combined.
2. Pour over the patties in the crockpot and cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
3. Serve with potatoes and vegetables.
1. You can make this recipe up the night before and just leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Take it out in the morning and bring it to room temperature and place it in the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.