Here is a tip to remember when you are making this easy Salisbury steak recipe. Your ground beef steaks might fall apart, especially while cooking. You can prevent this from happening by forming your steak patties and putting them in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before you actually start cooking.
This Salisbury steak is a little gourmet for me, so I serve this when a friend comes over to visit me. It’s not too much, but it never disappoints. This is such an easy recipe I know you’ll enjoy! Try the recipe and see for yourself how good this is!
Hearty Salisbury Steak Recipe
You'll love this hearty salisbury steak recipe. It's such a a classic dish you must try when you feel like having a saucy and tasty meal.
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium egg
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 1 package Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 2 cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 2 tablespoons butter - unsalted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the lean ground beef in a large bowl and add steak seasoning, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, pepper and salt. Mix well using your hands and make steak-shaped patties from the mixture. The steak patties should have a thickness of about 2 inches.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and add your ground beef patties. Cook each side for about 4 minutes until they are nicely browned on the outside, and the juices drain out. Remove the ground beef patties from the skillet and cover them in foil to keep them warm.
- Add the butter along with the rest of the extra virgin olive oil to the same pan. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes (until they are tender). Season your mushrooms with pepper and salt to taste.
- Add flour to your mushrooms, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the beef stock, mix and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Pour some gravy over the steaks and serve.
Calories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 25gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 702mgPotassium: 650mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 178IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!