Do you want a simple, economical and filling meal that makes everyone happy? Anything with gravy does the trick at my house. We love a Salisbury Steak Recipe with mashed potatoes, a green vegetable, some hot biscuits and big, cold glasses of iced tea. Nothing spells love like a family meal together. Sometimes I make these into meatballs rather than into steaks. That’s for little people who think they can’t eat a whole serving.
Easy 30-Minute Salisbury SteakPrint Recipe
- ¾ pounds ground beef
- Pinch of salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup prepared stuffing cubes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg white
- 2 jars beef gravy
1. Combine all ingredients except gravy.
2. Form into three patties about one inch thick and set on a plate. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes for flavors to blend and patties to firm up.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add patties and brown on one side.
4. When the patties turn brown, flip patties and immediately lower heat under skillet.
5. Wait a couple of minutes for the skillet temperature to reduce a little (this helps to keep the gravy from splattering everywhere), then add gravy and black pepper to taste.
6. Carefully stir pepper into gravy without disturbing patties, then cover and let slowly simmer for 30 minutes.
*This makes 3, quarter-pound patties but should be able to double easily using a whole large egg instead of just the white.