I love Chili! It’s understandable, given that it tastes delicious, can be coupled with so many different foods to make amazing meals and to top it off- it is good for us!! Again, we have another quick Spicy Chili recipe for all those people who like eating good Mexican food but don’t have all day to spend making it. Enjoy!
Simple, Perfect, and Heartwarming Spicy Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tins chili beans
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin of black beans
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- 2 tins of tomato (can be chopped or sauce)
- Jalepenos (optional depending on how daring you are)
- Medium-sized onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground or seeds)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
1. Cook the beef in a pan until it is brown (no need to use any oil) and drain excess water once cooked.
2. Add the chopped onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and let it all cook within the meat.
3. Add the tins of beans and sweetcorn once they have been drained(add the jalapenos and crushed red pepper at this point).
4. Add the tomato tins (make sure the food is totally covered with the tomato sauce) and bring it all to a boil.
5. Add the parsley, cilantro and Worcestershire sauce and then leave it on medium/low heat to finish cooking. (If you have time, you can let it continue to cook in the sauce for up to 3 hours on low heat, otherwise, once everything in the pan is hot, it’s ready to eat).
It really is as simple as that! Now it’s up to you to decide what you eat with it, but even on its own, we have to say that it is delicious. And remember, you can add whatever takes your fancy to this recipe and change it up to suit your taste buds.