I have a quick Jalapeno Hamburgers And Roasted Lemon Potatoes recipe post today. This is my take on the classic grilled hamburger and roasted potatoes meal with simple tweaks like jalapenos in the ground beef and fresh lemon and herbs for the potatoes. Let’s get into it!
Seriously Satisfying Jalapeno Hamburgers And Roasted Lemon PotatoesPrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE JALAPENO HAMBURGERS:
- 1 pound of ground chuck, ground same day
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground garlic pepper
- TO MAKE THE ROASTED LEMON AND HERB POTATOES:
- 4 large potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 1 lemon, zested and quartered
- 1 tablespoon of chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
To Make The Jalapeño Hamburgers:
The directions are simple, mix ingredients, form patties with your mixture, and cook the hamburgers using your preferred method. Here’s how we did it:
1. Mix ground chuck, jalapenos, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Make 3 patties and try to create a concave (valley) in the center of the burgers to keep them from swelling. No tennis ball-shaped hamburgers, please.
3. Preheat the grill to 450 degrees F.
4. Place hamburgers over direct flame and cook for 7-9 minutes on each side.
5. Add toppings and condiments of choice.
To Make The Roasted Lemon and Herb Potatoes:
Ok, I have to admit it. We love the jalapeno burgers, but this meal was really about me wanting to try a new method for roasting potatoes on the grill. Over the years, I’ve done the oven-baked method, the oven roast method, the grill in foil pouch method, and so on, but this time I decided to have a go at the boil and grill method. The manner of cooking the potatoes in this way also worked very well with grilling the hamburgers at the same time. Here’s how we faired:
1. Add potatoes, garlic, and salt to a large pot.
2. Boil potatoes until starting to get tender (10-12 minutes).
3. Drain potatoes using a colander small enough to retain the garlic slices.
4. Toss potatoes in oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
5. Place potatoes in a grill basket and grill at 450°F for 5-7 minutes, shaking the basket every couple of minutes (alternate method would be to slice the potatoes into rounds and let them rest directly on the grill). This is also the time to put your hamburgers on the grill.
7. Remove potatoes from grill basket and toss with chives, thyme, salt, and pepper
8. Return to grill and place over indirect heat for another 5 – 7 minutes (Once complete, your hamburgers should be done as well).
We were unanimous on this one! We continue to love those wonderful grilled jalapeno hamburgers, but the star was the different style of roasted potatoes. They were full of flavor with that great roasted texture accompanied by classic flavors of lemon and fresh herbs. We didn’t do this, but a dollop of sour cream on the top of the potatoes wouldn’t have hurt anyone.