The Best Barbecue And Burgers. One of the joys I had when we visited Qatar, was the ability to barbecue. It can be difficult to find a good place to go out here with reasonably priced food/drinks, so it is nice to be able to hang out, lay low, and barbecue without the worry of figuring out where to go on a Friday night.
Some of the best nights we’ve had out here have been as simple as us meeting at a friend’s villa and hanging out – something we’ve been taking full advantage of this past Friday, it was our turn to man the barbecue, so we figured we’d treat our friends to some burgers – but not just any burger. Following is The Best Barbecue And Burgers recipe, in case anyone is interested. Enjoy!
The Best Barbecue And Burgers
- 4 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 2 small yellow onion - 1 red, and 1 white
- 2 small green pepper (green capsicum) - 1 green, and 1 red
- 2 blocks cheddar cheese - 8oz each – 1 cheddar, 1 swiss
- 2 medium egg
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- 2-3 tablespoons tabasco sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons tabasco
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, and sometimes basil and parsley)
- 1-2 tablespoons mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- Grab two large bowls… we’ll call them the “red” and “green” bowls.
- Dice white onion and red bell pepper and place into the “red bowl”; add pounds of ground beef and mix until onions and peppers are evenly distributed in the beef.a. Add a few pinches of garlic salt; a few pinches of cracked black pepper; 1 tablespoon paprika; 2-3 tablespoons barbecue sauce; 2-3 teaspoons Tabasco; 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce; and 1 eggb. Mix everything together for 2-3 minutes, until all ingredients are evenly distributed and mix sticks together
- Dice red onion and green bell pepper and place into the “green bowl”; add 2 pounds of ground beef and mix until onions and peppers are evenly distributed in beef.a. Add a few pinches of garlic salt; a few pinches of cracked black pepper; 2-3 tablespoons rosemary, oregano, and basil mix; 1-2 tablespoons mustard; 1-2 tablespoons ketchup; 2 tablespoons Worcestershire; and 1 eggb. Mix everything together for 2-3 minutes, until all ingredients are evenly distributed and mix sticks together
- From the “red bowl,” roll out 12 evenly sized meatballs and place them onto a sheet of foil or wax paper; do the same with the “green bowl” mix, keeping them separate from the “red bowl” meatballs.
- Cut the block of cheddar cheese into evenly sized slices, short length, about 1/8 inch thick; put slices into 12 evenly sized piles.
- Duplicate the following steps 12 times:a. Take one of the “red bowl” meatballs and flatten it into a burger pattyb. Spread one of the cheddar cheese piles on the flatted “red bowl” pattyc. Take one of the “green bowl” meatballs and flatten it into a burger pattyd. Place the flattened “green bowl” patty on top of the flattened “red bowl” patty, with the cheddar cheese in between the two pattiese. Press the edges of the patties together
- Cut the block of swiss cheese into evenly sized slices, short length, about 1/8 inch thick; put slices into 12 evenly sized piles.
Instructions – Cooking the Burgers
- Barbecue the burgers on medium heat, to your liking of rareness, flipping as few times as possible (only 1-2 times)
- When the burgers are nearly done to your liking, place a pile of swiss cheese on top of each patty; remove the patties once the swiss cheese has fully melted.
- Place the pork belly slices on the barbecue, cooking until the slices are crispy; remove from the barbecue, break into small pieces, and place on top of each cooked burger.
- Place the buns on the barbecue for a few minutes each, just to get a nice crust on each; we recommend adding a tiny amount of butter to each after toasting.
- When the buns are done, place a patty with pork belly on each; add condiments to your liking – we recommend adding sliced dill pickles and jalapenos, or lettuce with a chipotle mayonnaise.