Celebrate special occasions with friends and treat them with delightful ground meat recipes like this Pork and Beef Tourtiere.
Like any other ground beef recipe, it is crucial to choose the freshest ingredients available to get a flavorful result. Here’s the procedure to make this tasty treat delight.
Pork and Beef TourtierePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of lean ground pork
- 1/2 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While waiting for the oven to get to the right temperature, put the pie crust in a circular baking pan and combine all the ingredients in a skillet. Cook over medium heat until it boils.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Evenly spread the meat into the pie crust and place the top crust. Seal the edges. Cut slits in the top crust. Design any Christmas symbol you like using leftover pie crust. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown. Cool before serving.