I’m so glad my writer’s block is gone, and I’m back plating your supper tables with delicious meal ideas, like my Heartwarming Taco Soup!
Autumn is in the air. Thankfully the temperatures are lowering, and soon we will experience the perfect fall football weather! I don’t know about you, but the soup comes to mind when I think of supper in the fall. Nothing like a good bowl of soup and football!
Growing up, my mom made Heartwarming Taco Soup pretty regularly. You can check my My Family’s Favorite Easy Taco Soup Recipe here. Just throw a few things in a soup pot and let it cook! Super easy for working Moms. Plus, it’s tasty too!
My Heartwarming Taco Soup recipe is just basic… It is one of those “tasting” soups. I like to taste it as I cook and add a little more of this and a little less of that. It only takes about an hour to cook fully, but it is much better the next day.
Tip In Making Heartwarming Taco Soup: This healthy taco soup with ground beef is a great soup to make and store in the freezer.
Monday’s Menu: 1-Hour Heartwarming Taco Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans - drained – It’s a Texas thing y’all!
- 1 can corn - drained
- 1 small can green chilis (green chilli in British English)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - optional
- 1 cup Sour cream - optional
- 1 package Tortilla chips - optional
- Brown meat with chopped onion.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour and serve.