I know I’ve said it before, but I do love skillet meals. I think this stems from Hamburger Helper meals from when I was a child. I loved those things! And my mom would jazz them up, put extra cheese in them. I loved that! And today here’s a simple recipe for Mexican Skillet Meal With Ground Beef that I know you’ll love as well.
Meaty Mexican Skillet Meal With Ground Beef
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - grass-fed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- ¼ cup corn
- 1 medium lime
- 51 ounces black beans - organic
- 1 bundle cilantro (coriander)
- 3 tablespoons garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- First, chop and dice the onion, bell peppers, and Swiss chard. Also, shred your carrots.
- Put onions, bell peppers, and ground beef into a pan to cook first.
- Stir well, and once those have cooked for about 5 minutes with your burner on medium/high (depending on your stove).
- Next, add Swiss chard, carrots, corn, and minced garlic. Stir well, and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add the cilantro.
- Stir well, and then add lime juice last. Stir well again.
- We like to serve this with toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and rice.