Today I am sharing with you a ground beef recipe that was given to me a few years ago. Everyone should try this alternative take on the traditional Lasagna; especially if you are trying to cut back on your simple carb intake. This Heavenly Low-Carb Lasagna is a hearty Lasagna loaded with nutritious vegetables, filling ground beef and incredible flavors. I guarantee you will not break open another Lasagna pasta box after making this dish.
Heavenly Low-Carb LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 cups tomato pulp
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 eggplants, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 bag of Kraft Italiano Cheese Blend
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place sliced zucchini and eggplant on baking sheets and brush on with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, make the Spinach and Ricotta Filling. Add the spinach, green onions, Ricotta and Parmesan Cheese to a medium mixing bowl. Combine until all ingredients are mixed together. Set aside.
3. Now, onto the meat sauce. Saute the onions, garlic and red peppers in a medium saucepan until softened for about 3 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and herbs. Stir into the other vegetables and continue to saute for another 3 minutes. Slowly add the ground beef to the saucepan, combine with the vegetables and brown for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, add the tomato pulp to the ground meat mixture, stir well and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside.
4. Once all the components are ready; it’s time to assemble the lasagna. Start with spraying a baking pan with cooking oil so that the vegetables do not stick to the pan. Then spoon in 2 cups of your favorite Pasta Sauce. I used Catelli Mushroom Pasta Sauce. Next layer on the eggplant, making sure to cover the bottom of the pan well. Follow with a layer of 1/2 of the meat sauce and a layer of zucchini covering the meat sauce as much as you can. Next, spoon on the Spinach and Ricotta Filling. Continue with the rest of the meat sauce and the remaining eggplant. Top with all of the shredded cheese blend. Bake covered for 30 minutes at 365°F.