This Eggplant Lasagna With Ground Beef recipe replaces the classic recipe of lasagna with pasta. It is a much lighter recipe, perfect for hot summer days or for dinner, but also a very tasty dish due to fresh vegetables.
Eggplant Lasagna with Ground BeefPrint Recipe
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces chunky tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Put two baking paper sheets in the baking dish. Grease them with a teaspoon of olive oil.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the parmesan and spices and mix well. Put the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
4. After you wash the eggplants and cut them into thin slices. Then, take each slice of eggplant and dip it first in the egg mixture, then dredge it with the breadcrumbs mixture.
5. Place the eggplant slices in the tray and cook in the oven for about 25 minutes. Then, turn the eggplant slices on the other side and leave them in the oven for another 25 minutes.
6. Remove the eggplant slices from the oven when ready and increase the temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
7. In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and when heated, add the ground beef. Add salt and pepper, stir and cook for 10 minutes, until the meat is browned. Add the tomato juice, mix everything, and let the meat simmer for 2 minutes.
8. In a large bowl in which you are going to cook the lasagna, place a layer of eggplant at the bottom, and add 1/3 of the amount of meat and 1/3 of the tomato sauce. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese over the first layer. Repeat the steps until you finish the eggplant and meat. The last layer should be all mozzarella cheese.
9. Place the eggplant lasagna tray in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted.
10. Allow to cool, then slice and eat. It can be consumed hot, warm, or even cold.