This Hearty Mediterranean Beef and Vegetables Recipe is a one-pot, quick and simple recipe! This is an excellent protein and vegetable clean meal where you still have room to be served with an extra side of carbs, dependent on your macros!
This healthy recipe can be cooked in the slow cooker as well. So you only need to do some basic cooking for this meal to be completed. It’s perfect for beginner cooks and those who just want a simple dish they can cook during busy days.
I try to cook this whenever I crave an easy recipe with my leftover beef and vegetables in the fridge.
Hearty Mediterranean Beef and Vegetables Recipe
- 250 gram ground beef
- 140 grams onion sliced
- 2 large courgettes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 250 grams tomatoes
- 3 piece peppers deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- ¼ cup string beans
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup celery sliced
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Set slow cooker to ‘low.’
- Leave for a minimum of 5 hours to slow cook.
- Heat a low-calorie spray in a heavy-based pan with a lid.
- Cook the beef and onions over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Add the courgettes and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the spice and toss well. Then add the vegetables and garlic. Reduce the heat and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Pour in the stock and stir to coat; add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper to your tasting and cover with the lid.
- Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring every so often until the veggies are tender. Optional: stir through a handful of freshly chopped coriander to serve.