Autumn is coming! And that means it’s time for easy, cozy dinners, such as this easy and hearty cabbage ground beef soup. This healthy, hearty soup is best served with bread and will surely keep you satisfied!
Easy and Hearty Cabbage Ground Beef SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green cabbage, roughly chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion of any kind, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 5 medium to large carrots, coined
- 5 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (18-ounce) can of tomato sauce (optional). You can also use 9-ounce tomato pa
- 4 whole tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans beans, any kind, drained (optional)
- 4-6 cups vegetable stock
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium. Add onions, and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté again, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Add the ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes until brown and crumbly.
Optional: if using tomato paste, add before other ingredients and cook for another minute. If using tomato sauce, feel free to use it to deglaze your pan before adding the other vegetables.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, including just enough stock to fill your pot. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
3. Serve with your favorite bread, or on it’s own!