Autumn is coming! And that means it’s time for easy, cozy dinners, such as this easy and hearty cabbage ground beef soup. This healthy, hearty soup is best served with bread and will surely keep you satisfied!
Easy and Hearty Cabbage Ground Beef Soup
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion - or any kind, diced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced or crushed
- 5 large carrots - coined
- 5 stalks celery - sliced
- 1 can Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America) - 18-ounce can (optional). You can also use 9-ounce tomato paste
- 4 whole tomatoes - diced
- 2 cans white beans - any kind, drained (optional)
- 4-6 cups vegetable stock (vegetable broth or vegetable bouillon)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium. Add onions, and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, carrots, and celery. Sauté again, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Add the ground beef and cook for 5-7 minutes until brown and crumbly.
- Optional: if using tomato paste, add before other ingredients and cook for another minute. If using tomato sauce, feel free to use it to deglaze your pan before adding the other vegetables.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including just enough stock to fill your pot. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite bread, or on it’s own!