This is an easy crock pot ground beef and broccoli recipe that is literally “set it and forget it.” Some days you genuinely don’t feel like cooking, and you long for a “set it and forget it” dinner.
This easy, peasy crock pot ground beef and broccoli is an awesome weeknight recipe.
Savoury Crock Pot Ground Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- 1 ½ cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch - and 2 tablespoons of sauce
- 1 bag broccoli
- 4 cups brown rice - optional
- Put the ground beef in a crock pot.
- Whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and garlic. Then pour over meat.
- Cover and cook mixture on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and sauce in a small bowl, then transfer back to crockpot. This will help the sauce thicken.
- Add broccoli and mix together.
- Cook for 30 minutes more on high heat.
- Serve over brown rice (optional).