I came up with a few good recipes while on the HCG diet last time, so I thought I’d share because the diet can be pretty dull if you’re not an adventurous cook. This beef mince and onion with lime and curry dish is tasty, but just be warned that the measurements aren’t exact – I just kind of throw things in the pan and they work, so experiment a little to get the right flavour for you.
Beef Mince and Onion With Lime and CurryPrint Recipe
- 100 grams of lean beef mince
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- Juice of 1 small lime or lemon
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro or coriander leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- Pinch of dried stevia
- A little water if required
- Add mince, onion, garlic and lime juice to a heavy-based frying pan.
- Cook with a lid on the pan (stirring occasionally and adding extra water if needed to keep it moist and stop it from sticking to the bottom) for about 5 minutes until the onion is softened and translucent and the mince looks cooked.
- Add curry powder, stevia, herbs and more water if necessary and simmer until cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated (about 10 minutes). Add salt and pepper to taste.