Beef chow mein is usually on any Chinese restaurant menu, and although it sounds Chinese, it’s one of those dishes for Americans. There are as many chow mein recipes as there are cooks, but in general, chow mein is a stir-fried dish containing meat and Chinese vegetables, all in a soy sauce-based brown sauce.
Super Tasty Beef Chow Mein Recipe
This beef chow mein is an easy recipe you can make when craving for Chinese noodles. This recipe is pretty easy so I know you'll enjoy making it.
- 3 ounces egg noodles
- ½ cup snow peas - cut in half crosswise
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 pieces celery stalks - minced
- ¼ cup green onions - cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- Combine beef soy sauce in a bowl, and mix well. Set aside, and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain well.
- Heat a skillet or wok on high heat, add the cooking oil, and stir fry the beef for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute garlic and onions until light brown. Add soy sauce, beef, Oyster Sauce and vegetables. Stir. Set aside.
- Add broth and let it boil, then add noodles and mix thoroughly over medium fire. Season with salt, pepper and sesame oil.
- Place on a platter and garnish with cooked beef and vegetables. Serve hot.
Calories: 135kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 8gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 891mgPotassium: 177mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 422IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.