This Asian Beef and Cucumber Bowl recipe is incredibly easy and quick to make. I had all of the sauce ingredients on hand, so the only items I had to pick up at the grocery store were ground beef, onion, and cucumber. If you don’t already have the sauces as I did, trust me when I say that you’ll want to make this recipe again, so you should go ahead and get them.
Refreshing Asian Beef and Cucumber Bowl
Love meaty salads? Well, I got this delicious recipe for Asian beef and cucumber bowl that you must try. This dish is so yummy and I know you'll love it.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 medium yellow onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (chilli sauce in British English)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large cucumber - sliced in lengthwise
- First, sautee the onion in a little bit of olive oil in a large pan until tender. Then, put the onion in a bowl to the side.
- Brown the beef and drain off the fat with a spoon. Then add the onion back into the pan.
- Add the hoisin, rice vinegar, chilli sauce and soy sauce to taste. Just add a little of all of them until you get it the way you like it. More chilli sauce will make the dish spicier. The hoisin and rice vinegar will add more sweetness and tartness. The soy imparts saltiness.
- Allow the whole mix to simmer for a few minutes. Then put the cucumber slices into the pan and serve it up.
Calories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 24gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 444mgPotassium: 528mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 77IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!