This Asian Beef and Cucumber Bowl recipe is incredibly easy and quick to make. I had all of the sauce ingredients on hand, so the only items I had to pick up at the grocery store were ground beef, onion, and cucumber. If you don’t already have the sauces as I did, trust me when I say that you’ll want to make this recipe again, so you should go ahead and get them.
Asian Beef and Cucumber BowlPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- Hoisin sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Chilli sauce
- Soy sauce
- 1 large cucumber, sliced in lengthwise
- First, sautee the onion in a little bit of olive oil in a large pan until tender. Then, put the onion in a bowl to the side.
- Brown the beef and drain off the fat with a spoon. Then add the onion back into the pan.
- Add the hoisin, rice vinegar, chilli sauce and soy sauce to taste. Just add a little of all of them until you get it the way you like it. More chilli sauce will make the dish spicier. The hoisin and rice vinegar will add more sweetness and tartness. The soy imparts saltiness.
- Allow the whole mix to simmer for a few minutes. Then put the cucumber slices into the pan and serve it up.