This Paleo Turkey Bolognese recipe calls for simple, easy, cheap ingredients, which I love. It also involves courgette pasta made without a spiraliser, which I find super exciting given our kitchen appliances are pretty much kettle, hand blender and oven (yup, no microwave, food processor or slow cooker).
After lots of internet searching and experimenting, I used a vegetable peeler on a courgette. How’s that for a glamorous twist to a recipe?! It works well if you sauté the courgette in a saucepan with olive oil, or you can use a frying pan too.
Paleo Turkey Bolognese and Courgette ‘Pasta’Print Recipe
- Bolognese Ingredients
- 500 grams of turkey mince
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 400 grams of chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- Courgette Pasta Ingredients
- 1 medium courgette
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil/coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mince and onion to pan and brown.
- Once the meat and onion have browned, add carrot, chilli, rosemary, and chopped tomatoes.
- Leave to simmer while your pasta cooks!
Courgette Pasta Instructions
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan or frying pan.
- Add noodles and cook until softened or at desired texture, stirring regularly to prevent sticking to the pan.
- I like mine well done, which takes about 10 minutes.
- Add turkey bolognese and enjoy!