If you are looking for a new turkey burger recipe, then you better try my Triple Onion Turkey Burgers. I love homemade turkey burgers and am not a big fan of frozen turkey burgers. A turkey burger can make me as happy as a beef burger. I truly think it’s in the flavorings and toppings. You know what is good in ground turkey. Onions, Onions, and more onions with some garlic and even mushrooms. These Triple Onion Turkey Burgers contains caramelized onions both in the ground mix and as a topper. The seasoning is a packet of dry onion mix. The rest of the ingredients inside this amazeballs burger is just a bonus when you sandwich it between some buns.
Delicious Triple Onion Turkey Burgers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- ½ cup mushrooms - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - to taste
- In a heated skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and diced onions. Add a pinch or two of salt and cook until caramelized. Approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Set aside 1/4 cup of the onions for topping.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, mushrooms, panko, Parmesan, dry onion soup mix, minced garlic, remaining olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and cooled caramelized onions. Fold until incorporated. Shape into 1/4 pound patties. Place on a plate and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Turn Calphalon grill on to 400°F or Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove burger patties from the refrigerator. Sprinkle patties with salt before grilling or placing them in the oven.
- If using the grill, place burger patties on the grill/griddle (you choose) and close—Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. If you’re using the oven, cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When cooking burgers in the oven, you are looking for juices to run clear.
- Remove from grill or oven. Top with swiss cheese and remaining cooked onions, serve on your hamburger bun of choice.