Rather than buying readymade burgers, why not make your own? Making homemade burgers means you are not restricted to beef or pork either. In fact, you can make chicken burgers or even these tasty turkey burgers for a treat if you are in the mood for something different.
The ground turkey is mixed with garlic, soy sauce, pepper and onion soup mix to infuse it with flavor. You can also add a lightly beaten egg if you want or leave it out if you do not. This mixture should then be chilled in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until it is easier to shape into patties. Meanwhile, you can get the barbeque hot and then shape the patties. Enjoy these tasty turkey burgers!
Easy and Tasty Turkey Burgers
- 1½ pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium egg - lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 pieces hamburger buns
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 12 medium tomato
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Combine the turkey, garlic powder, soy sauce, egg, pepper, and soup mix.
- Chill the mixture for 10 minutes, then shape it into 6 patties.
- Preheat the barbeque for medium-high heat.
- Oil the grate lightly.
- Cook the turkey patties for 10 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 10 minutes or until done.
- When the center of the burgers is white (no longer pink), they are cooked.
- Serve in split buns with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.