Making a blog has encouraged me to get much more creative in our cooking, though sometimes we struggle to come up with ways to eat the different varieties of produce we get each week! This Chard and Dill Pasta With Turkey is one my the recent concoctions I hope you enjoy!
Chard and Dill Pasta With TurkeyPrint Recipe
- 1/3 pound of ground turkey
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 large bundle of chard
- 1 small bundle of dill, finely chopped
- 1 package of your favourite pasta
- A splash of olive oil
- A splash of cooking sherry, optional
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of water
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large pan, sauté the ground turkey with olive oil, sherry, salt, and pepper. When the meat is near to being brown, add the diced onion and cook. When the onions are browned (turned translucent), add 1 cup water, chard, and dill, and turn the heat down to low. Cover and simmer until the chard soften, about 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- While the meat is cooking, boil a large pan of water and cook your pasta. When your pasta turns al dente, drain and return it to the pot.
- When the chard is tender, and the pasta is drained, combine both together in the larger pot. Add your cheese and mix thoroughly.