These Tourtiere Tarts are the perfect finger foods to serve on special holidays. They’re easy to consume but taste so good–your kids will love them.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 1 teaspoon of sage
- 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 3/4 cup of water
- Tart shells
- Combine all the above ingredients in your saucepan, and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add mashed potato. The mixture should be moist and thick. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the muffin tins, line them with tart shells. Fill each shell with a meat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned.