This best turkey quinoa black bean chipotle chili recipe makes my day complete. And, yes, I KNOW it’s a long name for a recipe, but I just couldn’t sacrifice a single descriptor. It has ground turkey instead of beef – that’s important to know that it’s healthier.
Quinoa gives it an extra protein punch. Black beans in chili? You have to love it. Chipotle makes it taste all southwestern-y delicious. So there you have it, the best turkey quinoa black bean chipotle chili recipe. It’s super healthy and filling so you won’t have any Monday morning guilt. If you happen to want to take it over the top; just add a little cheese. Shall we get on with it?
The Best Turkey Quinoa Black Bean Chipotle ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Sea salt and pepper
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
1. In a stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil.
2. Add onions and garlic until soft.
3. Add turkey to pot and brown. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
4. Add 2 cups vegetable stock and remaining ingredients.
5. Simmer slowly until quinoa is cooked and chili has thickened; up to 3 hours. Check for seasonings and adjust to taste.
6. To serve: top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, and chopped scallions.
Sauté onion, garlic and turkey in a frypan, and then add it and the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until thickened and the quinoa is cooked.
I like my chili more soupy-like. if you prefer it to drier add just 1 cup stock. This chili has a nice kick of heat, if you prefer a milder chili halve or omit the cayenne.