Thai Fish Cakes is a very famous Thai food, and this Thai appetizer is widely sold throughout Thailand. Thai fish cakes recipe or Tod Mun recipe teaches you how to cook delicious fish cake blended with Thai curry paste and authentic Thai spices served with fish sauce.
Tod Mun is a famous Thai are han waung or Thai starter. Tod Mun is a famous fish cake from Thailand that is served in all famous Thai restaurants.
If you are looking for an authentic recipe for a Thai fish cake, this is the recipe to try. Enjoy making these yummy treats!
Warm Thai Fish Cakes
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar (white sugar)
- 1 medium egg
- 4 leaves kaffir lime leaves
- 120 grams green beans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Cut green beans into 1/4-centimetre lengths.
- Pile the kaffir lime leaves together and roll the kaffir lime leaves tightly.
- Slice the rolled-up kaffir lime leaves into thin strips.
- Add egg, flaked fish, red curry paste, salt and sugar into a big mixing bowl.
- Mix evenly to obtain a smooth fish paste.
- Add kaffir lime leaves and green beans into a mixing bowl
- Mix consistently as per the Thai fish cake recipe
- Heat the vegetable oil in a flat bottom pan under medium temperature.
- When the oil is hot, add one tablespoon of the fish paste to the hot oil
- Flatten the fish cake.
- Cook until the bottom part of the fish pate is cooked.
- Turn over and cook the other side of the fish cake.
- Make sure both sides of the fish paste are cooked.
- Remove the Thai fish cake and place it on top of the absorbent towel.
- Serve the Thai fish cake with fish sauce.